Website Accessibility Statement
The Great Lakes ADA Center is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Great Lakes ADA Center is conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA.
The W3C introduced the accesskey attribute to enable users to select the appropriate key on their keyboards and navigate to a particular link.
Below, you will find a cross reference list of keys that will help you navigate the site.
To activate the links, press the ALT key plus the appropriate Access Key as outlined below.
These only work on this page and Grant Disclaimer
- 0 - Website Accessibility Information
- 1 - Home Page
- 2 - Skip Navigation
- 9 - Online Contact Form
- W3C HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Lynx Viewer, a free service for viewing what your web pages would look like in Lynx.
- W3C accessibility guidelines, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- W3C accessibility techniques, which explains how to implement each guideline.
- W3C accessibility checklist, a busy developer's guide to accessibility.
- U.S. Federal Government Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
- All "informational" images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes.
- Complex images include LONGDESC attributes or inline descriptions to explain the significance of each image to non–visual readers.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Great Lakes ADA Center website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on our website:
- Phone: 1-877-232-1990 (V/TTY)
- E-mail Us!
- Postal address: 1640 W Roosevelt Road, Room 405, Chicago, IL 60608
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days!